Here’s a video discussing the meaning of “Citizen of a State.” This rounds out our videos on diversity jurisdiction.
Diversity basics: “Citizen of a State”
Video on court interpretations of the phrase “Citizen of a State,” which is relevant to diversity jurisdiction. Topics include:
- Relevant language from Article III & 1332
- Scenarios analyzing U.S. Citizen + domiciled in a State
- The two elements required for a change of domicile
- The varying approaches taken by courts to the requisite intent for a change of domicile
- Modeling of how to outline or flowchart the law