Erie/REA problem set
This flowchart, prepared using the Coggle flowchart engine, includes numerous issues arising under the Erie doctrine, REA analysis, and more. It covers the following steps:
- Determine content of state law.
- Determine content of federal law.
- Determine the type of federal law that conflicts with state law.
- Analyze the conflict (if necessary, in the alternative).
Erie/REA JD review, Spring 2015
This video, presented to a JD class, covers selected issues regarding the Erie doctrine, REA analysis, and more. Topics covered include:
Order of analysis: 1) determine federal law; 2) determine state law; 3) determine if there is conflict; 4) analyze one or more relevant tracks
- How to construe federal law
- Erie predictions
- Conflict vs. no conflict
- Constitution vs. state law
- Statute vs. state law
- REA Rule vs. state law
- Federal judicial practice vs. state law
- Federal general common law vs. state law